Jamu Lodge in Cuyabeno
Jamu means Armadillo in the “paicoca” Siona indigenous language. Jamu Lodge is located in the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve at 15 minutes downstream from the Laguna Grande, this ecolodge has a policy of minimal environmental impact and take care the nature, the use of solar panels help to provide energy in the rooms and social areas. In addition, all inorganic material is packaged and taken out of the reserve regularly, the organic material is used of compost. Its biodigesters allow to maintain the impact of pollution to a minimum by using enzymes and natural bacteria, which treat all wastewater from the lodge. The entrance to the lodge is done by river transportation service (motor canoes with ecological engines) that is offered by the siona local community with the coordination of the Lodge, thus offer more incomes to this community.
Tours start Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Tours start ALL DAYS with a minimum of 3 people.
PRICES 2019: PER PERSON
|3 days / 2 nights||US$ 262||US$ 393||US$ 450||US$ 675|
|4 days / 3 nights||US$ 334||US$ 501||US$ 650||US$ 975|
|5 days / 4 nights||US$ 406||US$ 609||US$ 860||US$ 1290|
Prices for children
Children between 0 to 3 years 100% discount applies.
Children between 3 to 7 years 50% discount applies.
Single supplement 50% in addition to the double room price.
- French, German translator service cost per day = US$ 95 (4 days minimum)
- In the case of requiring private tour services, these will have an additional cost per person or group.
Everything about the tour, prices, activities, land and river transport, guides, etc., is shared in base of groups of 12 or 13 people maximum.
DepartureMain Square, Old Town
Return TimeApproximately 03:30PM
3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
Check or leave a review if you were part of this tour:
- Accommodation in the selected room.
- Complete feeding (the tour starts and ends whit the lunch on the Bridge of the Reserve) Shared Tour:
- Excursions and activities according to the established itinerary related to the number of nights booked.
- Certified bilingual guide (English/Spanish)
- Raincoats, lifejackets and rubber boots.
- Transportation “Bus and Canoe” Lago Agrio – Jamu Lodge (Cuyabeno Reserve)– Lago Agrio
From Lago Agro Agrio at 09h30 am with regular group for passengers arriving by bus; and at 10h30 am with regular group for passengers arriving by plane.
From Jamu Lodge at 09h30 am with regular group, the normal tour ends in Lago Agrio approximately 15h00.
- Transportation Quito-Lago Agrio-Quito
- Entrance fee to Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve (FREE)
- Community $10 per person.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day
- All kind of additional drinks.
- Personal expenses & Tips
• Long Trousers
• Cotton Shorts
• Long-sleeved T-shirts
• Short-sleeved T-shirts
• Jacket for the night
• Bathing suit, extra towel
• Slippers, Sandals
• Hat/cap, sunglasses
• Rain Clothing
• Insect Repellent
• Flashlight with extra batteries
• Reading Material
• Personal Things