Papallacta Hot Springs
Termas de Papallacta SPA, Resort and Convention Centre is located 40 miles east of Quito, the capital city of Ecuador in the heart of South America.
Perched on a high Andean valley at the entrance route to the Ecuadorian Amazon jungle, the spa – resort offers its visitors health, recreation, adventure and rest. Whether relaxing in the thermal baths, indulging in pampering spa treatments, or embarking on relaxing walks at the Rancho del Cañón (Canyon Ranch), you are sure to enjoy the Papallacta experience complemented by the restaurants which serve a range of culinary delights to tickle your tastebuds.
Services included in the price
All transfers with private transportation, entrance fees, meals as stated, english speaking guide.
Not included in the price
International flight, airport tax for international flights, personal expenses, tips, beverages, travel insurance.
DepartureYour hotel in Quito
Departure TimeApproximately 7:30AM
Return TimeApproximately 8:30PM
Not Included5 Star AccommodationAccomodationAirport TransferBreakfastDinnerPersonal Guide
Check or leave a review if you were part of this tour
- Individual hydro massage baths, body treatments with medicinal Andean mud, baths in the Thermal Cave, Finnish saunas, pressure massages, aromatherapy or therapeutic massages, face and body treatments and more.
- Meditation and rest area
- Beverages counter
- Thermal baths contain sulphates, chlorides, calcium and sodium, plus trace elements such as magnesium and lithium
- Medicinal mineral concentration >1,300 mg/ltr
- Hyper stimulating
- Odourless, colourless with a slightly salty taste
- Inhalation: inhalation of vapours helps to moisturise, loosen and eliminate secretions from the respiratory tract
- Bathing: Bathing in the waters opens the skin's pores, helping to remove toxins and absorb minerals
- Ingestion: One or two cups of warm water may be ingested according to medical prescription helping in various metabolic and pathological functions
- The sulphates, sodium and magnesium traces improve intestinal function. Minerals are anti-allergic, soothing and anti-inflammatory, helping to regulate intestinal PH, and in conditions such as obesity, kidney problems, gallstones and gout
- The sulphates and calcium help to maintain neuron-vegetative balance and contain diuretic properties
- The chloride traces have a minor effect on gastric secretions and intestinal function (colic), generally helping to activate metabolism. Chloride is anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic and anti-catarrhal. It is also active in rheumatic-arthritic functions and neuralgia
- Sodium chloride gives a stimulating effect
- Calcium salts have a soothing effect
- Relaxing effect on smooth muscle tissue (renal, hepatic, gall, etc.)
- Alleviates respiratory problems
- Improves osteon-synthesis, muscle and joint elasticity and speeds up recovery processes of cuts and fractures
- Stimulates the healing process
- Improves intestinal function
- Stimulates dilatation of blood vessels and improves blood flow
- Eliminates toxins
- Women in the first or last pregnancy trimester should consult their doctor before using the hot springs
- People with critical illnesses such as decompensate cardiopathies, serious arterial hypertension, vascular problems, cancer or neoplasias should consult their doctor
- Those who have recently consumed alcohol should not enter the baths, alcohol should not be consumed whilst bathing
- If dehydrated you should exit the baths and drink plenty of water
Please contact us for your personalized offer!